Caries and Prevention
What is caries?
Caries is the destruction of hard dental tissue. The most common cause of tooth decay is poor oral hygiene. In case that no proper hygiene is maintained in the oral cavity, the bacteria begin to multiply in the mouth. These bacteria start to produce the acid, which makes holes in the enamel of the teeth. It is recognized as the first stage of decay.
The second cause of tooth decay is the excessive intake of sugary foods and beverages. Symptoms of decay: the most common is pain and tenderness when eating hot or cold foods and beverages. In the initial stages of the development of caries, no pain, but sensitivity.
To find out if you have cavities, you need to visit your dentist every six months. Caries can be caught at an early stage of razvitie.Sashto so good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent tooth decay.
Treatment of caries
- Treatment of caries depends on the extent to which damaged tooth. In general, the process of treatment of caries is as follows:
- Removing all the caries tissue, and an opening is made in a tooth shape with a defined called cavity. It is possible to enforce the presence of various drugs in middle or deep caries.
The final phase of treatment is placement of the pad and seal or just seal.
What types of seals are there?
According to what material they are made are aesthetic and unaesthetic. Seals are called restorations and can be made from amalgam chemopolymers, glass ionomer cements and photopolymers as we are now in the era of photopolymer and glass ionomers. Also seals can be made in dental laboratories called inlays, overlays and more.
What can rely on patients?
- Removal of caries in Dent done with high professionalism and responsibility
- We work with the latest aesthetic photopolymer materials and equipment
- We strive to maintain high standards in the diagnosis and treatment
- Restoration of teeth as shape, color and size is done very precisely